I drove home in a snowstorm yesterday. Not quite a blizzard, but scary enough that traffic was flowing at about a third of the speed limit for the first hour or so. I was very relieved when the snow turned to rain. But it got me thinking.
When I bought my car, I was expecting to drive. A lot. And I have - 5,000 miles in 2 months, so far. And until that snowstorm I thought that the most preparation I needed to do was to get a library card and check out some audio books, and get the oil changed every now and again.
Not quite.
I raked the leaves today - we have a huge yard with some nice old trees and one flaming red bush, all of which have now finished scattering their wares on our lawn. I raked and raked and raked and made piles and carried the piles to the strip of lawn beyond the sidewalk, where the friendly municipal leaf-removal folks will come and blow them away next weekend. It was chilly this afternoon. Tonight, as I came home at around 7:30 pm, there was frost on the lawn.
Time to make a winter bag for my car.
Saturday, November 11, 2006
the seasons they are a- changin'
Posted by
Jessica
at
7:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yipey stripeys, dude!
Looks like you've got a real winter with which to contend, now. Snowstorms, many many!
(I dunno if you saw, but I think Target's got seasons 1-3 of Gilmore Girls on sale for $15 each!)
Post a Comment