Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am experiencing a paucity of blogable (bloggable?) subjects right now. Oh, there are plenty of blogworthy ones, and I crave your advice on them because it is so much more objective and wise than mine, and I desperately need to process these things a bit more, which in my life only occurs after I write or talk about them... but we are both just going to have to be patient for a while longer.
Someday soon, when it's all public and official, I will fill you all in on what is happening, and you can witness my anguish and hope and budding confidence (um... well... that part belongs to the "hope") with 20/20 hindsight and tell me what I should have done back when it would have made a difference. :-)
So... I am holding back, just so you know. I mean, I always hold back a bit with you guys, because some things are just not public, and because there are some things that you can't take back if you say them in a moment of frustration or intensity, so you don't publish those things for all the world to see. Plus, some of the things I think about aren't really mine to tell. But I am normally willing to roll over and present you with at least some of my vulnerable places, hoping for a rub, so in all fairness, I wanted to tell you that there is more I want to tell you.
So I am not holding myself responsible for the profundity of my blog entries for the next, oh I don't know, say, three weeks or so. Of course I won't stop blogging entirely, because I have plenty of shallow things to say, too... but it just seemed fair to give a heads up. In case you have come to expect unabashed honesty or something. (I am really not sure how I come across to you former strangers.) But on the upside, this does give me the leeway to accomplish a few housekeeping things I have been meaning to do for a while, blog-wise.
Man... It does not pay to think about this stuff too much. Blogging is a responsibility. You really can't take this stuff back! Even if I post something and then get scared and quick unpost it, Google's cache is ruthless and some of you check my blog as often as I check yours, so you would see it anyway. Enough in that vein.
A quick bit of wisdom that I found scrawled on a piece of scratch paper on my bedside table this morning, which I can only assume I wrote after waking up briefly from a dream I no longer remember: "Jess, this is clearly Newton's first law: an object at rest tends to stay at rest unless acted upon by an unbalanced force." And while we're at it, I'll throw in the third law as well, as a little geek-bonus: "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." I leave you to ponder my nonwaking wisdom. Clearly there is something to be said for inertia.
Sunday, May 22, 2005
We interrupt your regularly scheduled blogcast...
Posted by
Jessica
at
12:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment