I like those moments when worlds collide.
Yesterday I drove up to visit my sister and her family. The occasion was the a regional band festival, which involves a very long parade full of high school marching bands and people distributing flavored tootsie rolls by the handful, which in turn leads to hundreds or possibly thousands of sugared-up toddlers. It's pretty awesome. Mom and her hubby came down, and I came up, and we watched the one-year old become absolutely entranced by the bands and the three-year-old share her candy with the ones who didn't get enough. Aw, kids are so heartwarming.
And then we all drove over to Alma Mater, which is just down the road from them, because I was preaching at a chapel service for graduation weekend. And I realized that my family had never really seen me doing any churchly activities at all. As supportive as they are, they've never really experienced, firsthand, me being any sort of church leader. So it was kind of cool to have that happen. And I was beyond honored to be there.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
worlds collide
Posted by
Jessica
at
9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment