Monday, April 09, 2007

hopefully

Maybe it's time for a hopeful post here. I will see what I can do. I do have hopeful phases lately - minutes, sometimes even hours, but not yet whole days - they are usually just somehow not the thoughts that want to be written down.

Some people don't like to share their problems, because it makes them feel too vulnerable. I, on the other hand, don't mind showing where I'm broken; those places tend to make themselves known anyway, and if you admit them it makes it easier to ask for forgiveness. But the tiny little hopes ("hope is the thing with feathers/that perches in the soul" - Emily Dickinson), well, mine are tiny little baby birds; not quite ready for flight. For now I'm just going to keep them in the nest and let them grow up a bit.

Maybe this is a good time to explain why you have to jump through some hoops to get here now.

I think I'm a pretty open person, in general. For the most part, you can ask me just about anything without causing me embarassment or making me clam up. But some things have happened lately that make me unwilling to be vulnerable to an unknown audience. I need the comfort and safety of knowing exactly who I am (and am not) talking to here. Hence the limited audience. Thanks for tackling the google-imposed obstacles to get here. :-)

2 comments:

Abba said...

The google-imposed obstacles are no problem. Thanks for inviting us in. You have a wealth of people surrounding and supporting you, Jess. Even if you don't think we're listening, we're here.

Heto said...

I'm glad you're back -- and I'll jump through the hoops to catch up! Spring is on its way, a time for hope and rebirth and resurrection. Those little baby birds grow bigger and stronger and one day they will be willing to take flight, keep the faith that you will, too :)

Thinking about you in Ohio!

xoxo