It's almost eerie, how happy I am.
For a while now, everything has seemed to go right-- I am rocking at my job, racking up easy success after easy success. I thoroughly enjoy, respect and even like my co-workers. Moving seems like exactly the right thing to be doing right now. I will reach my goal of entirely paying off my car (and thus all of my debt) before I move to Chicago. I have an exciting vacation planned, and when the time comes, I probably won't even feel like I need a vacation.
My biggest goal about this next life segment of mine was one that I thought would involve lots of work, a modicum of patience, a dose of loneliness and perhaps a little heartache: find a non-work-related community in Chicago. I don't wish to be dramatic, but it seems that I may have reached this goal in the space of one weekend. And I don't even live here yet. Sheesh.
I don't want to count my community before it's hatched, but in four separate social situations this weekend, I was enthusiastically invited, sincerely welcomed, and enjoyed myself thoroughly. I feel like I made actual connections with actual people. The four events all have overlapping constituencies, and add up to pretty much everything I was hoping to find here.
And this doesn't even count my two very awesome roommates and some good, albeit slightly geographically diverse, old friends.
I'm not a big believer in fate (I tend to err more on the side of divine, benign mover and shaker), but honestly, people, how good can my karma be? Sure, there are a few things I wouldn't mind changing, but for the most part, I'm living in the "all contentment, all the time" channel lately.
It's kind of a big responsibility, you know? I believe in sharing. How do you share the happy?
Monday, June 02, 2008
someone pinch me
Posted by
Jessica
at
9:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment