I'm having a very German day. And I haven't even been up very long! I woke up with an urge to ventilate, so I opened the bedroom window. I refrained from hanging my sheets out the window, since I'm on the ground floor, but I was definitely in the spirit.
Then I went upstairs to scout out breakfast possibilities. You never know exactly what you'll find in our cupboards and fridge. What I found was... baguette, and brie! Yum. Too bad I didn't have any homemade elderberry flower beverage to round it out.
And then, this formerly-classical-music-impaired girl heard something on NPR and thought, "Hey, this is 'Eine Kleine Nachtmusik!' On a cembalo! How do you say cembalo in English?" (Turns out, it's a harpsichord.)
So Mozart is Austrian and breakfast was French, but somehow it's completely German, all of it.
Did I mention that Elizabeth, Heather, Jen, Bridget and I are planning a Wittenberg reunion in Chicago this summer? I'm pumped.
Sunday, June 08, 2008
herzlich Willkommen
Posted by
Jessica
at
8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment