This meme is long, but I have all the time in the world. Also, I am getting slightly bored confined to the horizontal position for the second full day in a row. As a little disclaimer for any seemingly unwarranted idiocy that may follow, I will check my temperature right now and report it to you... hang on a sec...ok. 102.1.
1. Name something you have in common with all your siblings:
Our parents, of course. Also, we eat our soup really, really hot.
2. What is the greatest amount of physical pain you have ever endured?
I guess when I broke my arm (rollerblading, or specifically, biffing it decidedly ungracefully while rollerblading) and they couldn't get a vein to give me morphine for what seemed to me like rather a long time.
3. What number of drinks constitutes your limit?
Geez, usually just one or two. Any more, and I tend to get verrrry sleeeepy. I inherited that from my father.
4. Do you fold your underwear?
I do--I even separate it by kind-- though you wouldn't guess it by the usual unruly state of my room. I dig infrastructure.
5. Have you fired a gun before?
Yes. My dad worked for the police/jail, and once he took me to the firing range so I could feel the violence of shooting a gun. I missed the target entirely, of course, and if his hands hadn't been steadying mine, the recoil would have probably broken my nose.
6. What was your favorite childhood toy?
The books, I think, but I also dug Lincoln Logs quite a it.
7. Name a sound that disturbs you?
Incessant, senseless barking. Make it stop. Please.
8. Name something random that you would never do.
Take up smoking. My aunt died of lung cancer (from secondhand smoke no less) at 40. My grandmother is still smothered in guilt.
9. Name a person whose diary you would love to read.
Yours! Bwa-ha-ha....
10. Have you ever had the same dream more than once?
There are a few that have become emblematic of a certain emotion (as far as I can tell), and they recur every now and again, in various forms.
11. Name a song that makes you happy.
"Hooked on a Feeling", especially the molto ridiculoso David Hasselhof video version of it. I dare you to not laugh! Ooga Chaka! Also, "My Puss" by Margaret Cho, only the most irreverent, oddball, hilarious thing ever. If you haven't, I strongly encourage you to check out both videos on YouTube.
12. List three people you could count on NO MATTER WHAT.
I think I'm lucky enough to have more than three in my life. We'll leave it at that. :-)
13. If you were in an emergency situation and you had to deliver a baby, could you do it?
Yeah, I'm pretty level-headed in emergencies. Also, I've been present at a couple of deliveries, even gotten up close and personal (in a mess-removal sort of way) with the resulting Nasty Slimy Stinky Mess which people tend not to talk about so much.
14. What do you like about being in a committed relationship?
The comfort of having someone be my top priority, and being theirs.
15. What do you dislike about being in a committed relationship?
I guess that would depend on the person, and how well we communicate.
16. Name something you have to do tomorrow:
I'm thinking something along the lines of "stay in bed and wait for it to be Monday so I can go get a rapid strep test without paying the emergency room fee."
17. Name a movie you are looking forward to watching:
Anything at the Bijoux. After all this time, I still haven't made it there!
18. Name something you've heard about women that tends to be true:
Um... we bear live young?
19. Do you own an iPod?
No, but I do have an aging MP3 player that I hardly ever use because it's so complicated (and I, conversely, so inept). Can you even use iPods with PCs?
20. What was the last movie you watched?
Sadly, Leprechaun. Of Jennifer Aniston's very forgettable early ouevre.
21. Do any of your friends have children?
Of course! They're sprouting like it's a petri dish...
22. What CD is currently in your CD player?
One of the Great Courses on Fantastical Literature -- specifically, early science fiction.
23. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
My stomach prefers no milk at all, but in general I am a sucker for chocolate.
24. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
A few, actually. I seem to attract that.
25. When was the last time you had Starbucks?
Last time I was traveling for work.
26. Can you whistle?
Yep... I was even in a whistle choir once in Germany. :-)
27. Do you have a trampoline in your back yard?
Don't I wish. (Hint: yes, I do.)
28. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
Sure, but probably not too much mean stuff.
29. What movie do you know every line to?
Adventures in Babysitting.
30. Where was your last vacation?
Puerto Rico
31. Where is your next vacation?
Germany. Unless Peru actually happens.
32. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
Both. A cute little nose stud, and a (subtle) tattoo that's yet to be decided, possibly some sort of bridge motif.
33. Would you ever date anyone covered in tattoos?
Sure, if the person underneath was good.
34. What did you do before this?
Took my temp, laid in bed a lot, drank tons of water, canceled a couple of today's appointments.
35. When was the last time you slept on the floor?
It happens fairly often. Was it just last weekend that I slept out in the wide open on the farm and got copiously rained on? My German friends would say aha! that is why you are sick. (I am fairly sure they don't *really* believe in the Germ Theory.)
36. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Definitely 8 to be my normal self.
37. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite?
This question is sort of dichotomous and exclusivist, no? I guess I inherently tend to think about people as individuals first, but socially, same-sex friendships can be less complicated (at least in my social circles).
38. Do you sleep on your side, stomach or back?
Back or side, I guess... but usually I'm sleeping so I can't tell. :-)
39. Do you watch the news?
Nope-- I don't have a TV. I listen to NPR.
40. Do you feel alone?
Nope, not at all right now, though that's probably my deepest fear.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Long, long meme
Posted by
Jessica
at
11:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Get better soon, Jess! I hope it's not mono!
Hi Jess.
Re: #19 Yes, you can use an IPod on a PC. I do. And, I love my IPod.
Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for the fun meme.
Post a Comment