Lots of good things happening!
- I moved to a much bigger room in my house, which feels good -- finally there's enough room for all of my books (and me). It's a much more guest-friendly atmosphere now that there are more place to sit than just the desk chair and the bed. Also, the room is in the basement, which today is seriously 20 degrees cooler than the second floor. I got out just in time!
- I am going on vacation! I'm so excited - we're going to visit a tropical rain forest, a mushroom farm, Old San Juan, beaches, and a photoluminescent bay. I love just soaking up the atmosphere of a new place -- sights, smells, sounds, tastes. And I love going places I've never been before. I've never been to Puerto Rico.
- When I get back, I will have lots of new roommates, which is always exciting when you're an extrovert. And speaking of new roommates... two of my very favorite people, who both live in Chicago, are going to be roommates! It seems like that will double my fun when I visit the Windy City. Yay.
- And speaking of my favorite people, one of them called me from Germany today. It was just like old times, when we used to spend half our lives on the phone with each other. He told me about his thriving business, and the really messed-up weirdo girlfriends he always seems to choose. The latest one broke up with him *because* she found out she's having their baby. I don't get it, but whatever. He's excited about the baby, though, which is a good thing.
- It's exciting to note that I can still speak German! I just need to get myself into German mode and stop freaking out at all of the tiny mistakes. It really was a big relief, actually, to figure out that the whole language is still stored up there inside my head and isn't leaking out my ears.
2 comments:
When do you leave for your trip? When do you get back?
Enjoy Puerto Rico! If you want some awesome fusion food, try "Dragonfly" in Old San Juan.
Post a Comment