Thursday, April 22, 2010

home sweet home

I might as well stop being all secretive about what's going on in my life. I'm waiting to finalize details of a new job that I've (informally) been offered. It's exciting, but I'm hesitant to celebrate until everything is all in writing. So I'm compartmentalizing that excitement for a while, as well as I can.

This, however, is for real: I'm buying a condo! It's a long, complex process, but I'm almost there. I got a realtor, found the perfect condo for me, got pre-approved, put in an offer, received a counter-offer, accepted the counter-offer and had a signed contract in time to get the $8000 tax credit, found a mortgage broker, locked in a great interest rate, found an attorney, got some homeowners insurance, got the condo inspected, jumped through dozens of hoops and signed multiple documents. And now all that's left is the closing! I think.

Meet Georgette (that's her name):


I love this sunroom. It used to be a porch, but when they enclosed the back stairs, they enclosed this too, and I get a bonus room!

This is the kitchen, full of awesome cabinets, stainless steel appliances (including a dishwasher), granite countertops, and big windows. There's also a utility/pantry room off the kitchen, and the kitchen opens into the sunroom.

The living room-- look at all the sunshine! Ceiling fan and built-in (fake) fireplace, too.

This is the master bedroom. There's another bedroom as well, both with nice closets.

Here is Georgette's face. She's a 6-flat, but one of the basement units is for storage (yay!), so there are 5 inhabited units. I also have a parking space out back.

Yay!

5 comments:

Silent said...

It's beautiful!! I hope to see it sometime in person.

Jessica said...

You're welcome anytime. :-)

MsPoague said...

Hey Jess! Congratulations on a beautiful home! Are you still in the same city? I might be coming through this summer. Love, Amy

Joanne said...

Yep, Georgette is pretty fabulous all around. :) I had the pleasure of seeing her with Jess and aided her in her excitement. ;)

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! This is so exciting! And, it looks beautiful. Congratulations, Jess!!