Ok, here is a random list of my favorite bits and pieces of foreign cuisines:
Japanese -- edamame
Thai -- Thai iced tea
Indian -- saag paneer
Mexican -- guacamole
Brazilian -- feijoada
Peruvian -- alpaca
Italian -- gelato
Spanish -- tapas (with is really more of a genre, but hey, it's my list)
French -- brie
German -- the bread, omg, the bread
Greek -- baklava
Middle Eastern -- hummus
Tanzanian -- peanut stew
Namibian -- oshifima (millet)
And a random sampling of the various somewhat-exotic animals I've munched on: crocodile (tastes like chicken!), alpaca, ostrich, goat, rabbit, duck, guinea pig.
Happy All Saints Sunday! Off to sing my very favorite choir song ever.
Song lyric of the day:
"But whither now go the souls? How dwell they now together there?
This mystery have I desired to learn, but none can impart aright..."
- Funeral Ikos, John Tavener (but the words are from the Greek Orthodox mass for dead priests)
Sunday, November 02, 2008
NaBloPoMo, take2
Posted by
Jessica
at
7:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay NaBloPoMo! I'm doing it too. I'll be your cheerleader!
I love NaBloPoMo because it just about guarantees that I'll have something new to read everyday. Woohoo!
What is feijoada?
Looking forward to your month of writing! Since you didn't write at ALL in October!
Hooray for having a cheerleader! :-)
Feijoada is a yummy rice and beans combo that somehow tastes like WAY more than just rice and beans.
Yeah, I definitely have a month to make up for... :-)
Post a Comment