It is definitely time for me to post something substantive. Ok... something substantive. Hmm.
I'm just not coming up with much. My life is pretty decent nowadays -- I like my job, I like where I live, I'm involved in some community and church activities, I socialize a lot with my roommates and have a few good friends outside the house to boot; in short, life is pretty good. But that don't blog. Blogs need drama! And excitement! And longing! And intrigue!
Future plans are always good for a paragraph or two, I suppose. I'm moving to Chicago at the end of July, which will be exciting because I have all sorts of great friends there, some old, some newer. And as much as I like where I live now, it also has its downsides: one particular roommate who will continually drive me nuts till one of us dies or moves out, a huge workload associated with some leadership positions, a house that's messier even than my (admittedly generous) threshold-- that sort of thing. Plus I'll be a lot closer to work and that should take some of the stress off of my travel schedule.
It seems weird to be moving somewhere so... domestic. Not that Chicago's tame, but it certainly is on this continent.
Miscellaneous randomosity (or random miscellany):
- Note to weather: Would you just commit to being spring, already? I seriously need it.
- Last week, I took the plastic covering off my window and let fresh air in for the first time all winter. My cat didn't leave the windowsill for about two hours.
- Sometimes the "working part time and scraping by from paycheck to paycheck" lifestyle actually doesn't sound so bad. Especially when one has lovely housemates.
- I am planning a trip to Peru this summer and one to Indonesia next summer. Hopefully that will placate the wanderlust for a while.
- I gave the message at Wartburg Chapel on Monday, and my campus pastors (I still think of them as "my pastors," somehow, even though I graduated 10 years ago) asked me to come back and preach at baccalaureate, which is kind of exciting.
- I think I would really like doing campus ministry. I'll add that to my lengthy list of potential dream jobs.
- I'm getting sick. This always happens after I go visit my sister and her family. Something about Abby being in the hospital and Hailey being in preschool makes their home a veritable petri dish of things I'm not immune to. But of course it was worth it.
- This week there's been an interesting confluence of people in my universe resigning their jobs, getting psyched to resign, getting hired. I like transition. It's exciting (in addition to being somewhat sad). Perhaps I just like living vicariously through other people's transitions. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment