Hmm. Well, that didn't last so long. Apparently massive quantities of lemons and cayenne don't mesh so well with the acid reflux. Oh well.
Happy New Year! Anybody have any big plans for 2008? Any New Year's resolutions? Any great reflections on 2007? I'm not sure I have to much to say on those subjects, but I'll give it a shot.
2007 (hindsight): Hmm. I moved into the co-op, which has had its serious challenges, but overall it's been a good thing. I kept my job, and got a bit better at it and a bit more confident about it. I made some new friends, which I needed to do because I sort of unmade some other ones. I dated a bit, but nothing stuck. I traveled a lot, which isn't as exciting as it might sound. It was one of my more boring years, actually, in terms of major life changes. Let's see if 2008 can come up with a little more excitement.
2008 (anticipated): Not too much. I'll keep my job (unless they decide to fire me, I suppose!), and I'll probably move out come August -- I think I'm done with having 15 roommates for a while. Where I go to remains to be seen; Chicago maybe, unless I decide that my Iowa City life is more compelling than it feels right now. I have some bigger plans for when I'm done with this job, but that stuff won't happen just yet. Ask me next New Year's.
New Year's resolutions? Those don't usually work very well for me. That's not the sort of motivation that tends to stick, I guess, so making resolutions that are anything other than generic feels like setting myself up for disappointment. So, some generic life directions for 2008: get more focused at work, don't give up on the dating thing, pay off my car so I don't have any debt, figure out where to live for this next chunk of life. That sort of thing.
You?
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
new
Posted by
Jessica
at
11:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I'm curious if you tried the giving stuff away thing for a while...a couple days, a week? That could be a short-term resolution. ;)
Post a Comment