Sunday, June 19, 2005

Bad Jess!

I have really been neglecting my blog-hostessing duties lately. All of you people are milling about here with each other, and I have neglected to introduce the most recent additions to the community. Many sincere apologies for being remiss in my obligations. Come on in! May I take your coat? There's still plenty of room on the couch. Here, have a mimosa. Baby shrimp with cocktail sauce? Jalapeno stuffed with goat cheese?

*Clears throat* May I have your attention please? Without further ado...the introduction of the newest Amazing Blogging People Whom I May or May Not Know in Real Life!

Jaime is the one who has gone unintroduced for the longest. (Sorry!) She fills Bubble Squeak with her thoughts on life, job, travel, family and forestry management. She consistently makes me go "hmm..." all thoughtful-like. We collided in cyberspace over at Brown Bread Ice Cream. Hooray for that.

Friday Mom started her blog to clear her mind so that she could concentrate on writing her dissertation (in theology). Then the blog gathered a life of its own, and now many of us can share in her poignant stories of loyalty and love and learning lessons. I found her as a link on PPB's blog. Or maybe she found me first.

Caspian started out as a friend of a friend of a friend, and now he's *my* friend, too. :-) Plash showcases his multiple talents in the areas of writing, wisdom and extreme computer savvy. Caspian's a computer science PhD student with some really interesting summer jobs, a pet chinchilla and quite a way with words.

Lady Rae is a real-life friend who was also the first person I ever knew who had a blog, and back then I thought it was a pretty weird idea to put your thoughts out there for the whole world to see. (Ah, the irony.) She just got married (as in last week), so lately her LiveJournal has been full of the elation of wedding planning, wedding having, and the very early stages of marital bliss. Much Happy to be had here!

And: this just in! Mark and Carrie have blogs! Mark and Carrie are real-live friends from college, who are married (to each other), but I have been assured that they are not the kind of married people who become no fun after they get married, but the type of married people who remain *equally* fun even with hardware on their fingers. They just started this blogging thing after testing their wings commenting on Charlie's blog for a while, and they are both still developing their unique and interesting blogging "voices", so if you go visit them now you can be all influential and stuff.

And then there's Noames at 26.2 Miles vs. Naomi. She just ran a marathon. As in, this weekend, in Alaska. I am proud and impressed and inspired. (Plus, she can write!)

So... I am feeling much better now that you've all been introduced. Go now, mingle, be happy.

6 comments:

Charlie said...

I was going to correct your URL to my blog, but the one you linked to is actually pretty cool.

So never mind. Carry on, all!

Jessica said...

Thanks, FM!

Charlie, I fixed it. Now the world will never know which blog I so ineptly linked instead of yours. :-)

Carrie said...

Hi Jessica!
Thank you very much for the kind words and plug for our blogs. Mark and I sure try to stay "fun" and I am happy to hear that some people still think we are. I'm not sure that I actually ever was fun, but I try. :) Mark, though, is very much fun.
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Jessica said...

OK, OK, I am convinced: I will put up pictures as soon as I can get it to work. We did a "take 2" last night with better, redder results. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jess, your post serves as a good reminder for me to introduce the blogs I link to (the other day a friend asked me: 'so how did you meet that Jessica girl that you link to? And why have you never spoken about her before')

Jessica said...

Yeah Jaime... why *haven't* you spoken about me before, hmm? :-)